You can make chatting a lot quicker by using a set of LiveChat keyboard shortcuts. Using these shortcuts, you will be able to quickly jump between chats, open different parts of the application, and generally make your job much easier.
Zendesk Chat Shortcuts
In an article by Spanier (2022), there is a list of shortcuts that allow you to switch between multiple chats more quickly without using a mouse with keyboard shortcuts.
- To view available keyboard shortcuts, from Chat Dashboard press Shift + ? to see the list of shortcuts.
- To use a keyboard shortcut, press Ctrl with one of the following keys:
Ctrl + number (1,2,… 5) Open the chat window for the corresponding number.
Ctrl + , or Ctrl + Esc → Minimize the chat window.
Ctrl + . → Close the chat window. If you are serving the chat, this will end the chat. If you are listening to the chat, it will just close the window.
Ctrl + ~ → serve a chat request.
Ctrl + Alt + ; → Select tags input field.
Ctrl + Alt + ‘ → Select message input field.
Ctrl + alt + \ → Toggle between current and past chats
Ctrl + Alt + / → Open actions menu.
Ctrl + Alt + [ → Go to the previous chat window.
[Ctrl + Alt +] Go to the next chat window
General Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows and other apps
Here are several frequent keyboard shortcuts compatible with Windows 10/11, according to publications from Microsoft (n.d) and Nield (2021).
Basic Windows keyboard shortcuts
Ctrl + A → Select all
Ctrl + C → Copy
Ctrl + X → Cut
Ctrl + V → Paste
Ctrl + Z → Undo will roll back your last action
Ctrl + S → Save
Ctrl + W Close will close down whatever you’re viewing.
Ctrl + F → Search in any open app
Alt + Tab → Switch apps, Switch between open apps
Alt + F4 → Close or shuts down active apps
Windows navigation shortcuts
Windows logo key + D → Show or hide the desktop
Windows logo key + left arrow or Win + right arrow → Snap windows
Windows logo key + Tab → Open the Task view
Tab and Shift + Tab → Move backward and forward through options
Windows key or Ctrl + Esc → Open the Start menu Otherwise.
F11 or Windows logo key + Up arrow → Maximize Window
Windows logo key + D → Display and hide the desktop
Windows logo key + PrtScn → Take or save a screenshot.
Advanced Windows shortcuts
Windows logo key + L → Lock your computer
Windows logo key + I → Open Settings
Windows logo key + S → Search Windows
Ctrl + Shift + Esc → Open the Task Manager
Windows logo key + C → Start talking to Cortana
Windows logo key + Ctrl + D → Add a new virtual desktop
Windows logo key + X → Open the hidden menu, open the Quick Link menu
Windows logo key + Tab → Open Task View
Depending on your hardware, you can use the Windows logo key + PrtScn to take a screenshot or use Fn + Windows logo key + Spacebar.
Chrome keyboard shortcuts
Tab and window shortcuts
|Open a new window||Ctrl + n|
|Open a new window in Incognito mode||Ctrl + Shift + n|
|Open a new tab, and jump to it||Ctrl + t|
|Reopen previously closed tabs in the order they were closed||Ctrl + Shift + t|
|Jump to the next open tab||Ctrl + Tab or Ctrl + PgDn|
|Jump to the previous open tab||Ctrl + Shift + Tab or Ctrl + PgUp|
|Jump to a specific tab||Ctrl + 1 through Ctrl + 8|
|Jump to the rightmost tab||Ctrl + 9|
|Open your home page in the current tab||Alt + Home|
|Open the previous page from your browsing history in the current tab||Alt + Left arrow|
|Open the next page from your browsing history in the current tab||Alt + Right arrow|
|Close the current tab||Ctrl + w or Ctrl + F4|
|Close the current window||Ctrl + Shift + w or Alt + F4|
|Minimize the current window||Alt + Space then n|
|Maximize the current window||Alt + Space then x|
|Quit Google Chrome||Alt + f then x|
|Move tabs right or left with keyboard focus||Ctrl + Right arrow or Ctrl + Left arrow|
- Spanier, A. (2022, February 24). Navigating the dashboard with keyboard shortcuts. Zendesk Help. Retrieved May 23, 2022, from https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408883087386-Navigating-the-dashboard-with-keyboard-shortcuts
- Microsoft. (n.d.). Windows keyboard shortcuts. Microsoft Support. Retrieved May 23, 2022, from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-keyboard-shortcuts-3d444b08-3a00-abd6-67da-ecfc07e86b98
- Nield, D. (2021, April 26). 20 essential Windows keyboard shortcuts that will make you forget your mouse. Popular Science. Retrieved May 23, 2022, from https://www.popsci.com/windows-keyboard-shortcuts/
- Google, Inc. (n.d.). Chrome keyboard shortcuts – Computer – Google Chrome Help. Google Chrome Help. Retrieved May 23, 2022, from https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/157179?hl=en